Third-Party Logistics (3PLs) and how They Increase the Effectiveness of Your Company
In this post, we’ll explain, what is a 3PL, why they are important, and how they increase the effectiveness of your company and industries that use 3PL for improved Efficiency & Profitability.
What Is a 3PL and Why Are They Important?
Third-Party Logistics connect three parties – the business, the logistic provider, and the shipping center.
It’s a system where a third-party logistics provider offers logistic services to businesses in need of inventory management, transportation, and distribution and handles their order fulfillment. They help businesses with the logistic of shipping, packaging and warehousing, customs declaration, freight forwarding, and more.
A 3PL service may be a single provider, such as transportation or warehouse storage, or it can be a system-wide bundle of services capable of handle supply chain management. In a few words, companies use 3PL Logistics providers to manage their logistic operations in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
How 3PL Logistics increase the Effectiveness of Your Company?
Thanks to the advances made in optimizing operational efficiency, many shippers choose not to deal with logistics and instead focus on their core business. Companies increasingly believe that experts need to be empowered to deliver the right product to the right person at the right time. 3PLs ensure efficient and effective operations, allowing shippers to save their resources and costs while maintaining a higher level of service. When used skillfully, 3PL can help a company to strengthen its competitive position in the global market. So how 3PL logistics increase the Effectiveness of Your Company? Let's take a look.
- Save money: 3PLs have large resource networks that help them cut costs and improve efficiency. 3PLs use cutting-edge technology to oversee their operations. Moreover, it allows organizations to focus their time and money on core competencies.
- Cost reduction: Orders and payments are automatically tracked, and it is easy to create reports and invoices from a single database rather than separate spreadsheets.
- Reduce risk: Delays and contingencies happen in the world of the supply chain, as we recently saw the devastating impact of COVID-19 on global supply chains. When these problems arise, the 3PL provider is responsible for finding alternatives and solutions.
- Consistent Improvement: 3PLs have the industry expertise to extract valuable insights from the reports that technology helps them create, and can use that information to help shippers grow and improve their businesses. By using performance monitoring and analytics to build a knowledge base on factors such as inventory levels, product popularity, and delivery speed, 3PL providers can ensure that their customers get the most out of their execution strategy.
# Industries that use 3PL for improved Efficiency & Profitability
- Manufacturing: Manufacturers rely on third-party logistics providers (3PLs) to act as extensions of their company. As a manufacturer, outsourcing certain tasks to third-party 3PL service providers can help you scale up or down the scale of your business and provide you with increased flexibility in fulfilling orders.
- Pharmaceutical: Third-party logistics providers may interact in various ways between manufacturers, healthcare providers and payers. 3PL organizes the storage, transportation and logistics of specialty medicines. This typically involves taking goods to a warehouse, fulfilling orders, and managing inventory of goods, usually using a warehouse management system and other information technology systems.
- Restaurants / Hotel Industry: Running a restaurant or hotel requires fast delivery of ingredients and other products. The transport company works with regional suppliers and vendors to reduce additional export time and meet urgent requirements. Fast transport and storage services allow you to preserve the quality and taste of food and other services provided.
- Construction Industry: The construction industry is associated with problems such as low productivity and high costs. Using a 3PL for the transportation of wood, furniture, and flooring to the construction site ensures that things will be delivered on time and with as much as possible intact. This allows projects to be built on schedule and within budget, making clients happier.
It takes a long time to run a business, especially if you do everything yourself. Allow yourself some extra time to focus on the more important aspects of your business and hire a 3PL company.
You don't have to worry about order processing yourself if you can just send the order details to your 3PL company. You will save a lot of time and money. You will also be more confident that everything is handled efficiently and professionally.
Finding the right 3PL provider that will suit your company's best interests can be a difficult and quick process, but you must do it right!
If you need help finding a 3PL provider, take a look at our online catalog or contact us directly to see how we can help you complete your order.